>Nick at 11/2/02 (maybe):
>The yoyo power adapters are lousy and poorly designed.
>I'm on my 2nd one for my Pismo in 2 years.  The first one
>started sparking at the Powerbook end about 14 months
>after I got my Pismo.  Then it failed completely.
>
>The cord going to the Pismo is wayyyyy too flimsy and
>fragile...
>
>Nick

Nick is speaking the truth.  The Yo-Yo adapter is pretty much crap.
I've had my Pismo for over 2.5 years, and my original adapter has the
discoloring around the cable that goes from the hockey-puck to the
computer.  It's especially bad around right where the cable goes into
the adapter that gets plugged into the computer.  I'm told this means
immenent failure.

But for the vast majority of my computer use, I've been using 3rd party
power supplies.  I had a madsonline micro-adapter that worked for a year
before dying (it was a "rev A" version -- they now ship "rev B" to
address failure after about a year), and most recently I bought yet
another one (can't remember the brand) that has been working without
problem.

When I'm at work my Pismo is pretty much always plugged in.  My yo-yo
only comes into play when I'm at home and my batteries start to run out.
Which reminds me -- I've been using the same battery for almost 3 years,
and the charge has always lasted about 3.5 hours.  Maybe I got lucky, I
dunno, I'm no battery expert.

-= Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>