on 11/2/02 6:10 AM, Charlie Meyerson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a strategy to extend the life of these (seemingly)
> troubled adapters?

When I travel, I use my PB 1400's power adapter. It seems to be more
substantial. Not only that, but it takes a standard computer power cord.
Rather than spend money on a new yoyo, get one of these (when Apple no
longer provides a free one).

In the mean time, be very careful when you wrap up your yoyo. Don't pull the
cable tight. In fact, don't even pull, really. Be very, very gentle with it.
I've had mine almost two years, and it hasn't gone bad--yet. I suppose it
someday will, but I have a couple extras from older "Books" so I'm not
worried.
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland