On 11/14/02 10:02 AM, "Bruce Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew
into the Cybertrough:

> Roger Shufflebottom wrote:
>
>> When I moved over to OS X earlier this year I tried Apple's Mail
>> program and concluded, as you say, that it was 'Flakey'. I've gone
>> back to the tried and trusted Eudora - it does the odd crazy thing
>> but I haven't lost any mail yet.
>
> LOL! You're lucky. I won't touch Eudora with a 10 foot bargepole, unless
> it's to beat it to death with it.

I too won't touch Eudora with a pole.  I switched from Netscape 4.79 to
Entourage, and I am never looking back.  Entourage is a beautiful
Mail/address book system.

> Mail.app's gotten some significant improvements over the last few system
> upgrades. Very nice. It's even gotten me to switch from Netscape/Mozilla
> mail (which after 7 years

I would switch to Mail.app if they could nail one feature down.  Which is:

When you have a mailbox open and are reading all the messages in it, when
you open the first, read it, and delete it it doesn't automatically open the
double-click and open the next message.  I don't have that kind of time with
the volume of mail that I receive.  It triples my mail reading time.
Entourage incorporated this feature, but since it only comes in the Office
bundle (which is expensive) lots of people will never get to see how nice it
is.  My hat is off to the Microsoft Mac Business Unit.  They have done well
for the Mac community.

Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert