On 11/25/02 1:12 AM, "K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the Cybertrough:
>...Heard noise outside, ran to the door
> and dropped the 550...  The display cracked and some stuff came loose
> inside..submitted a claim to Nationwide, they got an estimate of over $1000
> to repair it so they sent me a check for $985 (after deductible)which I
> promptly used towards buying a Pismo on ebay.
>   Moral of the story...Make sure that you have an insurance
> policy...as an
> apt dweller

No offense, but you feel it "OK" to ask your insurance company to pay for
something like that?  That seems a bit like theft to me.  Can some other
homeowners chime in and tell me that this is the norm?  If I dropped my
TiBook I would not look for a loophole of coverage...since it was my mistake
and I dropped it.  Even if my home was being broken into, I could still
manage to set my laptop down before grabbing my 9mm and going on to
investigate.

Now if my home caught on fire while I was away and burned up my
laptop...well that would be a different thing.

Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert
Macintosh Server Administrator