wasnt going to get into this one.....but figured i might as well.

i think whats going on, is people are making it an issue of morality,
less so much a legality. if a company agrees to pay you for your
neglect or clumsiness, thats their right to do so, its their business,
and if their policy allows for it, then don't worry about it.
if you make up some story about a robber coming in and dropping it on
his way out the door.....its still a matter of the company deciding
whether or not its within their policy to provide reimbursement, but
then you run into mr. hanson's point, being the morality of it...is it
correct to use insurance which is intended to provide for crimes and
'acts of "god"' to cover your neglect?
im leaning towards the legal aspect. if the company provides for it,
given a truthful claim, theres no problem. if it was a problem, they
wouldnt pay you.

my toonie. (i think my opinion is worth more than a couple cents ;)

-J