Hi all,

I installed Jaguar on my iBook/500 about a week or so ago and have been
mostly happy with it; however, I have noticed some odd things going on.
If I right-click in certain programs (IE 5.2, BBEdit 6.1, and iChat
noted to date), or if I click on certain things in the iChat Buddy List
window, the program crashes with the familiar "unexpectedly quit"
message. This has been happening consistently in these programs, doing
these tasks. (It may be likely to happen in other programs too, but so
far these are the ones that I've noticed.)

At first I thought the issue was with my Logitech mouse, as I posted
several days ago. But these same problems occur even with the mouse
disconnected and using the trackpad.

Disk Utility finds no problems. I ran Repair Permissions shortly after
installing 10.2, but I suppose I could run it again. I don't have any
other diagnostic utilities for OS X. (I do have DiskWarrior, but I'm
not sure if it's Jag compatible, and plus I don't think it would find
the kind of problem likely to be causing this anyway.)

Like I said, this weirdness has started only since I've installed 10.2;
things were fine in 10.1.5 and prior. Right-clicking does not cause
problems in apps other than the ones noted, and the iChat business is
just plain weird. (Also, Fetch 4.0.2 crashed randomly a couple times
today, but I can't assume it's related.) This concerns me because OS X
is supposed to be so stable (and it has been, otherwise); plus it's
just plain frustrating!

Thanks,
Amber

--