>Open Transport seems to block my serial port.
>
>The only way to print or to sync my Palm is to restart with Open
>Transport extensions disabled.

I assume you mean Serial Port Monitor, which is the Palm's detector
software - it scans your ports checking to see if a Palm device has
been connected. I had the same problem; I wrote a quickie Applescript
to quit this application, which will free up your serial port. (let
me know if anyone else needs this, and I'll email it directly). If
you want to reactivate it, double-click on Serial Port Monitor, in
your Palm folder.

Hope this helps,

--
Marty Lindower                    : If you get confused,              :