On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 11:20 PM, wappling wrote:

> Hi all, just learning here,I have a D-Link wireless ethernet router
> connecting a powerbook g4 to road runner cable modem,so far so great,
> I also
> have a printer and scanner,what are the components named that i need
> to get
> to connect wirelessly to these also? thankyou for your help

Most probably they're called 'Don't exist' .

If you printer is capable of running via the network, you could
probably attach it to a wired ethernet port   on the router, but the
scanner's gotta be connected via the cable.

There are emerging standards ('Bluetooth') that could possibly be used
for this sort of thing, but I don't think it would be at all useful for
scanning, and printing would be slow...this is designed for data
transfer between things like PDA's and cell phones, and is rather slow
in terms of data transfer.

Some printers (I know several models of HP laser printers do) support
IRDA for printing, I don't know if the ones that do support it on the
Mac.

AFAIK, no one has ever made a wireless scanner.

> --
"Wherever you go, there you are." - B. Banzai, Ph.D.
Bruce Johnson