Hi Kate.
I'm using a Pismo 400 with 192MB RAM & OSX runs well on it.
It's not as snappy as in 9, but it's acceptable for a system wiht 192MB.
I prefer the snappiness of OS9, but there are some good apps in X as well.
It really depends on what apps you use.
I find myself shuttling between 9 and X, but 320MB of RAM should suffice
for speedy performance in 10.2.

For instance, I use Nisus Writer a lot (9 or classic only), so I find
myself using OS9 a lot more than X. Other than Omnigraffle, I don't have an
intense need to use OS X. But superior memory management and UNIX stability
is very enticing indeed. I will shift over when I get a memory upgrade to
1GIG.

Enjoy!

"WARNING  :  "Privileged/Confidential  information may be contained in this
message.  If  you  are  not  the  intended  addressee,  you  must not copy,
distribute  or  take  any  action in reliance thereon. Communication of any
information  in  this  email to any unauthorised person is an offence under
the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if
you receive this in error."

                      Kathryn Odell

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(G-Books)
                      m>                        cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject: Pismo to X, or not?

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      launch.com>

                      (G-Books)

                      31/01/03 11:51 AM

                      Please respond to

                      G-Books

I've got a pismo 400 with 320 mb of ram. I'm running ox 9.2, and am
satisfied with its performance. However, I'm tempted by some of the os x
applications. I'd like to hear from any Pismo 400 users who have made the
switch. How much does everything slow down? Do you regret moving up?