On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 02:39 PM, Randy & Cheyanne wrote:

anyone who has used VPC in OS X on a less-than-high-end rig will
>> probably attest, this deal could not possibly hurt...
>

> G-bookers,
>
> They may have bought it to throw it away, too.

Historically, M$ and Bill have never really done anything with
integrity or philanthropically and have proven time and again that they
are interested in only monopolism at any expense to the end- user. Some
theories are that the main impetus was to drive back the encroachment
of Linux or to make the "switch" campaign less effective towards
potential Mac users. I'd guess that M$ could lose more money to
pee-ceers being exposed to Linux than to Apple "switchers", but I
suppose anything that could hurt rivals is a win for M$.

If they do indeed make some cash from selling VPC to Mac users via the
successful MBU, or whatever it's called, I predict such interests will
last only as long as the returns from it exceed the anticipated returns
achieved by screwing Apple and abandoning its users or using such
threat for its own interests.

Quote of the day...

"Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can
never learn anything from history."
                                      - George Bernard Shaw

dave