>> If I try to connect to the internet by selecting Connect in the Remote
>> Control Module in the Control Strip, my G4 667 TiBook/OS 9.2.2 hangs for
>> several seconds and just quits trying. In order to get online, I'm forced
>> to open the Remote Access Control Panel to connect from there.

> My suspicion is that
> since the control panel works, but the strip doesn't, that there possibly is a
> bug in it?  Is this Jeremy's Control Strip or the Apple one?  I don't have the
> url anymore, but a guy named Jeremy used to write a number of extensions for
> the Mac, and one of these was a really nice control strip.  You may want to
> search for it if interested.

Thanks for the comments, Jerry. I'm using Apple's CS. Will see if I can't
find Jeremy's.

Have tried, by the way, trashing both the Control Strip and Remote Access
Control Panel prefs, as well as reinstalling system software, all to no
avail.

>> Have already posted this thrice, the 1st time with a couple of responses
>> which, however kind & appreciated, didn't help. The 2nd and 3rd tries netted
>> nothing. This is the 4th try:

> Sometimes, just sometimes, lack of response indicates no one has a clue.  I
> for one don't.

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, I should have given everyone a little
more benefit of the doubt. It was surprising though to discover that every
single member of among such an amazingly knowledgeable group of people was
stumped by this. Thanks to all for considering my problem.