On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 09:31  AM, Tim Hodgson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:04 pm -0800, Kevin Stevens wrote:
>
>>> The trackpad button is not only much stiffer than the WallStreet, it
>>> makes an awfully loud click when you press it!!
>>
>> Mine did not make an unusually loud click when pressed.  In fact I
>> don't
>> recall it being audible except in a completely silent environment.
>
> Mine makes a pretty audible click, but more annoyingly has a lot of
> 'play' in it, which disappears if I press down on the very front of the
> casing. Like Laurent, I use trackpad clicking; if I didn't I think I
> might have tried to get Apple to do something about the button. (The
> DVD
> tray also doesn't fit that well, so I suppose these are all symptoms
> of a
> poorly fitting case.)

I don't know about the Pismo, but my Lombard's clicker is much stiffer
than the Wallstreet I used to have. It's a different design, and there
is a little plastic bumper in it that can get dislodged making the
button flakey. When I first got the machine I couldn't reliably drag
items because the button would let go mid drag and drop a file into
whatever folder it was over at the time. The tech replaced the top
plate (Yay Applecare). In a later repair of the sound card, the bumper
in the button came loose and I had the same problem. The tech found it
loose and reset it, and all is well.

Jim Eddy                                              James Eddy
Woodworks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                             Princeton,
NJ
<http://home.earthlink.net/~giametti/index.htm>