on 6/16/03 7:10 AM, Kochkodin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Jimmy Grewal, the Microsoft Mac IE lead, is fleeing Redmond and heading to
> Dubai due to the browser's termination. Microsoft is saying it will provide
> some updates to IE 5 for Macs but does not plan to release an IE 6. It
> reckons users are in good hands with Apple's own Safari browser, and so the
> trouble begins.

What the article isn't saying is that Microsoft is essentially stopping
development on Internet Explorer in general! They haven't updated either
their Windows browser nor the Mac browser for a forever, and they will also
cease developing IE for Windows. The only browsers they are going to develop
is their MSN browser (supposedly) and a system-based browser that will only
appear in another couple of years. The whole thing smells funny, but I don't
know why...
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland