I have not used IE 5 for consistently except at work for the past six months
and haven't missed it at all.  I've been using Camino (formerly Chimera) for
the past six months and am wildly pleased.  iCab works extremely well on
9.x. By the way, in regards to the evil empire there was an outstanding
article in Salon about a intellectual property lawsuit from a company
claiming that they owned the copy right to the Unix.  They were demanding
licensing fees from everyone to which everyone laughed except for one
company...yes you guessed it.  Microsoft paid them a ten million dollar
licensing fee and supported their claim.

"The strategy is not entirely illogical, and SCO's efforts have met with
some initial success. In mid-May, Microsoft, which considers Linux its main
software rival, made headlines when it decided to purchase a Unix license
from SCO. The sum Microsoft paid for the license was not disclosed but is
thought to be around $10 million -- pocket change for Microsoft. Microsoft
says it purchased the license "to ensure [intellectual property] compliance
across Microsoft solutions," but many Linux advocates and industry observers
view the move as an obvious flanking attack on its open-source competitor.
The company denied any unseemly ulterior motives. "Our agreement with SCO is
independent of any other industry action and solely designed for the benefit
of our customers and our products," a spokesman said in an e-mail."

You can find the article on Salon.  I'm not sure if they require a
subscription.  I lean pretty far to the right politically (boo, hiss..), and
Salon leans pretty far to the left, but I read it religiously because it's
just so well written. And the articles are soooooooo good.   So, if you want
to give them the twenty bucks for a subscription it's really  money well
spent. And no, my mother doesn't work there....  :>

I also realize that I am now going off on a tangent regarding politics, the
evil empire which really has nothing to do with G3 powerbooks so I'm going
to stop now.  And if the web list nanny wants to stop this string right now
I won't be offended.

Here's the link.
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/06/03/sco_linux/index.html

Thanks,