On Saturday 23 August 2003 02:07 pm, Nick wrote:
> Netscape 7 is painfully slow on a Pismo.  I know, I tried it on my Pismo
> 500.  Upgrade your Netscape to 4.78

Or better yet, go the Open Source route and go Mozilla. Netscape 7 is full of
stuff you don't want or need. I think the newest Moz available for MacOS 9 is
1.3, but I'm running an older version on my Wallstreet. Moz just seems to
"hop to it" faster than bloaty old Netscape 7.

Curious though...how come you aren't running MacOS X on your Pismo? Because if
you are, you get the goodness of Safari right there in the OS. Pismos run
MacOS X very well. All you need to do is get some more RAM in there and maybe
get a bigger hard drive installed, and you will be fine. Pismos are as modern
as the latest iBook and much more versatile thanks to the PCMCIA slots.
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273