On Sunday 24 August 2003 04:51 pm, Les Riess wrote:
> >>Curious though...how come you aren't running MacOS X on your Pismo?
>
> Because if
> you are, you get the goodness of Safari right there in the OS. Pismos
> run
> MacOS X very well. All you need to do is get some more RAM in
> there....<<
>
> I have 320 MB of RAM. Sufficient for Netscape 7, or not?
>
> I'm not running OSX because the software that I use for my photo
> business only runs on OS 9 for now. They have not updated for X yet, but
> are working on it.

It is definitely sufficient for Netscape 7. I would strongly suggest going the
Mozilla route because Moz is a bit leaner and faster than the AOL-packaged
Netscape.

You will be very happy when you finally can move to X.  You might want to up
the RAM in anticipation of the move. Here's the link to the Pismo page on Low
End Mac with all the information...

http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/pismo.shtml

-.\\<-H-
--