----- Original Message -----
From: "Tekno Liber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: Pismo keyboard wobble

> >From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >I think there are some tabs from the case where the keyboard
> >will kind of snap in.
>
> Yes, there are tabs but the keyboard seems to lie higher than that,
> thus moving up and down when one types the keys in the upper
> right hand region.
>
> I will try to reshape the keyboard so that it lies against the tabs,
> or else I will put some foam to stop it from flexing.
>
> Thansk!
>

> Laurence

DON'T USE FOAM! You need to recheck how the keyboard is seated. At the top;
between the function keys you will see a center latch screw, use a jewlers
screwdriver to unlock the KB, then there are 2 tabs to the left and right
that should slide back to allow you to lift the back edge of the KB up.
Towards the bottom of the KB you will see 3 small metal tabs make sure when
you seat the KB that they are slotted under the lip of the case. Then make
sure that the upper tabs are retracted as you lay the KB in place. If you
need a picture to follow along with, let me know and I will contact you off
list with a place you can download the repair manual for the Pismo.

Joe Ellis