My Reply follows quote. On 26/09/2003 16:57 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>When I want to start my Wallstreet, all I hear is this fan, it's really
>loud, and I can't hear the HD spinning up. The only way to shut it down is
>to turn it off as if I were zapping the PRAM, but if I do that again, the
>same thing happens. Also, the machine appears to be in sleep when it has
>been 'shut down', ie the sleep light is on
Hard to say, as several problems produce the same symptoms. First thing
to try is "Reset Power Manager." Look on the back of the machine, behind
the port cover door. There is a decal showing the procedure.

If no luck, then you might try reseating the processor card. Your symptom
is also often caused by the processor card just a bit loose. Press it in
FIRMLY.

Ken