It still may not have been AAE. I once had the same problem on a Mac at the office. Disabling AAE helped for a while, then it moved on to other extensions.

It wasn't a virus and I never did find a solution, but ended up reformatting the drive completely. Many strange problems continued to occur though, until the drive went kaput a couple of months later.

Hope that's not your problem, but you might want to start keeping an error journal so you can see if a pattern develops. (Also, back up more often than usual)

Cheers - Steve K.

I'm aware of that possibility, and I imagine the cause of the crash isn't actually because AAE has a flaw (but rather that some 3rd party extension does)... But I'm perfectly fine with disabling AAE.

As for hard drive problems, I doubt that's the root cause. I've had some issues, but they're most likely related to the crashes I've been having (crashing while writing to disk can be bad). The drive works 100% in my Wallstreet, without crashes.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>