You can get LCD wipes at your local Wal-Mart. You can also use a chamois, like the ones that come with the iMac or your glasses.

As far as the charger goes... I keep mine plugged in all the time and have noticed no memory effect on the battery at all.

The only complaint I have is that the plastic case scratches a little too easily for what I use my iBook for. The area around the touchpad is also prone to get dirty pretty quickly. I was my hands before using the computer, and it still happens. No cleaner that I've been able to find takes care of this. It could be some kind of reaction with the oil from your hands, but I'm not sure. Overall, I'm very happy with the machine. The price and quality is the best on the market as far as laptops go. I'm guessing Apple will drop the iBook as soon as a G5 notebook comes out.