On 10/28/03 11:03 PM, "Krevnik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:
> At the same time, they never said that features that were available
> before would suddenly NEVER be supported again. Graphics chipset
> support has come to be a very core part of basic OS functionality, and
> Apple realized this when they decided to do the drivers themselves.
> Thus the responsibility for core OS functionality lies on them, not us.

This argument (and lawsuit) makes as much sense as people suing Apple
because OS 9.2 will not run on their Quadra 700.  Apple may have worded it
wrong (as far as supported machines goes) when the first OS X release was in
the works, but Geez.  Move on.  You have 2 choices:

1.  Shut your mouths and keep using OS 8 or 9 and don't bother with OS X.

2.  Try to make OS X run on hardware that is barely capable of it but do so
at your own risk and have fun with your experimentation.

Oh yeah...for those of you/us still running OS 9.....It's been considered a
"dead OS" for a couple of years now.  Get with the times or QYB.  Apple
should not waste any more time or money "un-developing" their software so
that it will run on machines that are years old.  18 months is a LIFETIME in
the world of computing.  If you can't handle that fact then you need a
reality check.  You shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds you (aka suing
apple).  All that I sgoing to do is hurt us all in the long run.

And btw, I have an SE-30 happily running OS 7.1 32-bit clean.  It was never
meant to run 32-bit clean and I did it all on my own, but I didn't sue my
favorite computer company because of the fact that it wouldn't run 32-bit
clean.  I fiddled with it and made it work.  I use it as is, and am prepared
to do so for some time.  It does what I want it to do and that is good
enough for me.
--
Kyle H. Hansen

"It's Always darkest... right before it gets totally black."