Jim's Rant:

> But after that, I find it a tad two-faced of Apple that they will support
> Windows 2000 for iTunes and the Music Store (an OS which is much older
> than MacOS 9.x), but not Mac users running MacOS 9.x.

I think the decision to include Windows for the music store stems strictly
from a business point of view. There are more Windows users world-wide than
Mac users, and as of today, many have not adopted XP but remain with the
last operating system W2000. Apple as a company must make its investment pay
out and including Windows users with Ipods and access to the music store
only makes sense. Supporting W2000 was just a necessity in order to capture
the larger market share.

I believe Apple is on the right track, they have been receiving great
reviews from many PC industry sources. The over-all reviews have been very
positive in these "corporate" technical sites, magazines and reports on OSX.
I personally think it is the greatest operating system they have ever made
and was glad to finally leave OS9 behind.

I did have to sell all of my peripherals and purchase new ones and am
currently upgrading all the software, but I think it is worth every cent I
have spent. Lets face it, even the peripherals are better, my Epson scanner
SCSI costs $1400 when I bought it and it scans at only 600 dpi (and is soooo
slow), the new Microtek is 2400 dpi and I paid about $100 new. This goes for
the new printer, the firewire external hard drive, etc, all are better,
faster and cost less.

I think Apple should be applauded on their decision to move to a modern
operating system. It was a big move, totally rewriting a new system from the
ground up took vision to make it successful and guts to do it in the first
place.

My $0.02...

Wayne Schneck