On Nov 1, 2003, at 1:50 AM, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:

Oh please, so every 18 months I am supposed to get a new computer just because Apple decides to go sideways. The good thing about Apple WAS that the were well built, software would run and upgrade for the last 9 years. This is a FORCED change and some people, the loyal Apple followers feel a little screwed. Give Apple $3500 bucks every 18 months, maybe a few professionals, not the average user. Macs were built to last, now their are just problems filled windoz boxes. My 1995 to 2000 power books and desk tops run fine. I have 2 pismos dead in 2 years, that's quality.

Forced? I guess your definition and the Webster's differ. There are still people running pre-PowerPC Macs so how are you forced?

share if they actually spent a bit more time understanding how to treat
their customers <ever had to return/fix a machine?>.

Yes 2 times I paid for the 1st pismo $345.00/ Just to run JAG OS 9 ran fine. It was here I discovered the beast under the candy. The one under Apple Care for 3 more months they claimed "something was spilled in the pismo *sometime* in the last 6 months. Ya right.. Found out from ex apple care workers this is a standard response. They broke my power cord and killed my battery. Apple's Ms. Wells, the top manager of Apple care, has an office next to steve, denied ever touching those parts funny they had Apple bar codes and writing on the battery and power cord. They lie. The company is changing and if you look to the future in 5 years are we still going to be typing on silly machine that takes more work to read the manuals to make it work at it's MAX productivity. I think not. Their going to bleed us while they can. Apple has changed and some very loyal customers are not happy. Check the boards
Geoff

Right ... troll.

David