GT

Your Safari problem is an oddity. I'm running Safari on a Pismo under Panther and it works great. Have you run Disk Permission Repair (in Disk Utility)? If not, do so and it will probably fix the problem. If not, create a new user and try Safari under that new user. If it works normally, you're going to have to get into the Library folder and start killing Safari preferences/cache files, etc. (after, of course, backing up) to sort out the problem.

good luck ... e