At 10:29 PM +0000 1/8/04, chueewowee wrote:
I have three dial up configurations, available to me in the 'locations', and written into the network settings.

I tried to use the third, then discovered that its six digit password is being overwritten, with the 8 digit one common to the other two configurations.

I have tried using 'remember password' and switiching the option off, but the same thing reoccurs either way. I have yet to restart the computer.

What can be happening? Is this a common bug? How can I get round it?

This is my second modem fault since clean installing OS 10.2 last night.

Have you tried this configuration? I just checked and Jaguar's PPP pane changes the displayed password to 8 dots. This doesn't mean it's changed the password, it just shows there is a password. This is done as a security measure to keep someone from guessing at a password based on how many characters. I think your six digit password is fine, just camouflaged.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA