I'm sitting here at home debating whether or not I should I should upgrade to a 80GB Hitachi Drive or buy an external firewire drive. My past experience with ext drives are that they die pretty quickly. How is the reliablity of these drives now? Also, how do these drive behave in a multiuser environment, will my brother be able to see the contents of my folder on the hard disk drive or can we have our own space? If I build my own, is there a good bridge and power supply to buy?

Thanks in advance.

--markemmanuel