[EMAIL PROTECTED] laments:
>I've looked and looked all over Apple's Web Site for a and
>have never found one that'll work on a Pismo.  Can you tell me exactly
>where to find it?
Whoa dude, yer outa luck! For reasons that escape us all Apple has seen
fit to _NOT_ support the Pismo with this utility even though Pismo owners
could benefit from its majorly useful powers. In case yer thinking there
may be another Battery Reset that _will_ work with yer Pismo . . . nope,
there ain't one. Sorry :-(

The only way to use Battery Reset to 'fix' yer Pismo's battery is to
stick said battery into a Lombard and run Battery Reset there. Simple
really, just go out and buy/beg/borrow a Lombard!!

A couple of thoughts:

Since the clamshell iBook does support Battery Reset, and since the
Lombard/Pismo batteries appear to be functionally identical to iBook's
battery (though of course of a completely different formfactor) I would
hazard to guess a clamshell iBook could also be used to 'Battery Reset' a
Lombard/Pismo battery. I haven't though tried it _yet_ . . .

Also, I haven't tried again recently to hack Battery Reset for Pismo
(previously unsuccessful), but would give it another go if anyone out
there (anyone??!!??) with some classic MacOS
coding/hacking/de-compiling/MacsBug experience could give me an
occasional pointer as I blunder my way through. I'm _sure_ it can be done
and I've got 'Books Lombard and Pismo on hand with which to play . . .

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500