Hmmmmmmm, I'm thinking (uh-oh!! :-) since the PB-to-battery comm is done
over a serial interface, might it be possible to directly capture (on
Lombard of course) what BR 'says' to the battery and then use that to
connect to, and reset, a battery over an external serial interface? Not
that Pismo _has_ a serial interface. Hmmmm, inquiring mind wants to know
. . .

That certainly should be possible if you can figure out a way to snoop onto the serial bus. ;-)

FWIW, I think the VST external chargers have some of this capability as well. When you recharge a battery that's at a certain charge level, the charger is supposed to intelligently recalibrate the battery. I don't know how this is induced, and I can't say I've ever seen it actually work on anything other than my Wallstreet batteries... (I've got the 3400/5300, Wallstreet, and Lombard/Pismo rechargers - definitely worth the $25/each on eBay!) That could just be because my 5300 batteries are so far gone that they can't be saved and that my Pismo batteries aren't "gunked" up enough yet... Who knows.

I just mention that so you have another branch to hunt down if figuring out how BR works doesn't happen.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>