Heck if I know if I even need MacsBug, but I figured if I could trap the
sysenvirons calls and see the differences between Lombard's and Pismo's
differentiate the PBs. It's fun to play with actually, once you know a
few basic commands. BTW, anyone know if there's a similar debugger for OS
X?

Hmm. MacsBug should be some help. You could go to the debugger right before BR brings up it's incompatibility dialog and then try to step through and look for the right portion of memory. That's a chore if you don't know what you are doing. Most of the gestalts are 16- or 32-bit binary values that would be hard to recognize with the eye. A handful are hex strings, but even these will be difficult to recognize... I wish I knew more about MacsBug - it can be an immensely powerful tool, I understand.

Any takers? We've got to have at least one or two C/C++ programmers on this list that are familiar with MacsBug!

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>