mmm... certainly makes it a bit more of a challenge :-)

Have you tried to make an outgoing ssh connection anyway? You might be pleasantly surprised.

Try this in Terminal:

ssh permanentmailbox.com

That will try to go to my home network here: if you get a login prompt - or something showing that it at least got outside the firewall - then the method will work. (Then you could use your home Mac as the friendly box, perhaps setting up a freebie dyndns name for it to overcome its IP address changing all the time if that were an issue..).

Anyway I'll keep thinking about it assuming only port 80 and 21 are open, but can't promise anything!

cheers,
GT