Hello Listers,

I have resolved the br_background running problem that prevented me from loading any new software. So I have reinstall Apple 1.4.1 USB card driver and the new Brother printer driver version 1.7.2. I downloaded from the Brother site. Unfortunately I still have the same problem APS sees the card bus card but not the location of the printer. Chooser has the printer icon in the left box but when clicked on, no connecting port appears in the left box.

Could this be and issue where the printer will only work with a computer with a built in USB port.

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

John Abraham.