Yes, I've tried that, but it doesn't work well.

Andrew

-- "The lord's our shepherd says the psalm, but just in case....., WE'D BETTER GET A BOMB!"

© Tom Lehrer, 1965
On Mar 9, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

on 09/03/04 23:45, Andrew at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip!]
I have to correct the position of my cursor and move errant text at least
once or twice per hour after accidental touches during touch typing put
my cursor, and subsequent text somewhere OTHER THAN where I want or
expect it to be.
[snip!]

Andrew,

Glad to see you back! Have you turned on the setting in the Mouse & Keyboard
system preference, in the Trackpad tab, that says "Ignore accidental
trackpad input"? With this turned on, whenever you type, the trackpad
becomes temporarily inactive.

-Laurent.
-- ======================================================================= =====
Laurent Daudelin AIM/iChat: LaurentDaudelin <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |