I had the same one you had initially, worked about 2 weeks and died, they replaced it. It worked sporadically for the last year, needing to be powered off and back on frequently to keep it working. Then it finally died completely, just out of warranty.

That's when I got the USR. I have used USR modems for nearly 15 years, back when 2400 was fast. They have always made outstanding products and this one is no different. Plug'd it in, config'd it and haven't had to mess with it since...the way a router should be.

I too had the same experience with the Indian tech support, an experience I am not too happy about...more US jobs lost.

Rad...