On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:20:02 -0500, Phillip Burk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's not that simple, however. I left out the iBook bench numbers since there's a dramatic difference between the architecture of the iBook and a Powerbook, L2 cache being the primary difference. The new 1.5 GHz PowerBook and the previous top-of-the-line 1.33 GHz PowerBook are virtually identical: 167 MHz bus, 1 MB L3 cache. I don't expect a dramatic difference in speed, just an incremental improvement - probably around 135 to 136 on the CineBench scale.

Does that help?

Yup.

The overall speed of a system is dependent on many different factors, and L2/L3 cache makes the overall system faster, if I understand correctly.

Thanks

TjL
off to check the order status page for like the 1,000th time
(they have shipped the Applecare Agreement :-)