My Reply follows quote. On 09/05/2004 08:08 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>On 8 May 2004, at 19:55, G-Books wrote:
>
>> From: Richard Bae <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: Re: WiFi range?
>> Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 04:57:54 -0700
>>
>> Not a bash on Apple 'cause I love the way the base station looks,=20
>> however it is literally garbage for long range signals.  If it were
>> me I would return it and get a nice longer range wi-fi ap from netgear
>> or linksys.  But if you must keep it, I would get one of those antennas
>> to add on to the basestation, otherwise there is not much more you can
>> do to tweak your range.
>>
>> -Richard Bae
>
>As I cannot return the ABS I'm ready to try an additional antenna but
>my base station has no additional antenna port. What is the solution
>then?
>
>Greetings, Andre
----------
Some time ago I acquired an original Airport base station. I googled
around for info on the thing (it was almost free) and ran across a site
with various hacks. (Sorry, I can't recall the URL.) One involved opening
up the thing and adding an external antenna. There were also various
designs for antennas. Also, I believe there was an article in a MacAddict
magazine about adding an external antenna to the Airport base station. It
involves opening up the case and making an opening for the antenna
connector. evidently, there is already a connection inside the thing for
an antenna.

Ken