>Mikael is referring to if the wrong rom was flashed, say it was originally
>put in a Wallstreet 1, then pulled and sold to someone with a Wallstreet 2,
>it would not work correctly since it has a different rom (roms are model
>specific and cannot be used in different models).

But the big $100 dollar question is whether a specifically flashed
bluechip can work within all of the subseries. As I earlier mentioned I
know of 6 models of "Wallstreet" type.  But Malcolm hints that maybe
there have been 7.
2 versions of the early 12" 233 FSTN screen and TFT?
and one each of 250, 292 with TFT 13" and 14.1"?
And one each off 233, 266 and 300 with 14.1" only (Wallstreet II of
August 1998).

Unfortunately everymac.com isn't as detailed as I would like at <http://
www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/> with the 233 data stating
about the displays available: "12.1" STN, 13.3" TFT, or 14.1" TFT color
display (First  version).", which is ignoring the latter 233 WS II or PDQ
machine with Level 2 cache, that AFAICR had a 14.1" TFT . This fits with
my recollection that all WS IIs or PDQs had 14.1" TFT. Or am I wrong?

Are there more complete source online?

BTW, what is the best, most complete app database of Powerbooks that run
under OS X?