Zoltan,

Check out www.villagetronic.com

They have a cardbus 32meg DDR DVI/VGA video card that works from Wallstreet up for about $250. I'm considering a G4/550 upgrade and had the same concerns as you (Pismo500/1gig, RAM/20gig HD, Panther). Will upgrade the HD to at least 40gig and now maybe the video too. This video card should work with the external video, but internal video remains the same.

Shawn