as the owner of a pc and powebook and a Linksys and an airport extreme I
feel I can offer the same reasoning that you use for owning other Mac
products: it just works easier.

Connecting a PC to Airport was simple.  Connecting the Powerbook to an
existing wireless network was simple.  Getting advanced features to work
was much easier with Mac hardware and Mac OS.  The only problems have been
on the non-Mac parts of whatever Ilve had to do.

To me the ease of getting things to work is definitely worth the extra
expense, which, when you consider it over the life of the product, is
reallly a small amount.

IMO/FWIW

TjL