>Directly from Apple support site:
>
>"The original PowerBook G3 Series has the ability
>to use two expansion bay devices and run from the
> AC adapter with no main battery installed.
>  Note: The PowerBook G3 (Bronze keyboard)and
>PowerBook (FireWire) do not have this capability."

My Lombard running OS 9.2.2 starts without the battery in (on AC).
Perhaps Apple means the Lombard and Pismo can't use a two expansion bay devices at once?
All my expansion bay stuff (CD, Zip, Superdisk/floppy) is asymmetric (will only fit the right bay).

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?