Laurent:

I thought that you could reset this on Wallstreets? But I thought that the problem was the costs of the cells.

On Thursday, June 3, 2004, at 02:08  PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

On 03/06/04 14:55, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm sure this question has surfaced before, but I wasn't here to read
the replies...

Is it possible to replace the battery cells in a PowerBook Wallstreet
battery ?

I live in Sweden so links for US shops won't do much, it's the info
I'm after.

I did explore this for my Pismo battery some time ago. Although you can find
replacement cells, the problem that you are likely to face is the reset of
the NVRAM in the electronic circuit of the battery that tells the computer
how much power remains in the cells and whether it's time to recharge the
battery. We haven't found a way to reset this memory after replacing the
cells and thus the battery wouldn't recharge...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Washington, DC, USA

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |

John Slavin
Kirksville, MO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]