Larry, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Is it possible to replace the battery cells in a PowerBook Wallstreet
>battery ?
>
>I live in Sweden so links for US shops won't do much, it's the info
>I'm after.

I was in contact with Batterilagret or something in Göteborg 2 years ago
and they wanted 2800 SEK (maybe $350) for replacing the battery package
inside. A new Apple battery then was 1800 SEK.
In the end I got a fresh battery, almost new for 350 SEK ($43 or
something like that). I sold it with my WS I. I also sold the crashed one
for 50 SEK, so maybe someone out there know more about refurbishing
batteries than I do (which is not that much really).

Point then is that there are fresh batteries out there, if you advert at
Swedish sites and ask for the possibility to use the battery for one day
or so and return if it's a dodo. Most Mac users are very honest people I
think, especially so with Pro people who make their living out of their
machines and the work they do on them.