>I've had an 802.11b Airport card in my Pismo (Powerbook Firewire 2000)
since 2001.
>IF I wanted to upgrade to the 802.11g standard I would need to get a
compatible PCMCIA card.
>Pismo 400MHZ G3, 768MB RAM, OS X 10.3.4
>Turtle-Bear

Nice, that's very close to the system I have.  Which base station are you
using?

Are you confident that you can use 802.11g on this model, even as a PCMCIA
card? How about AirPort Extreme?
I was under the impression that the Firewire 2000 was only able to use
802.11b. Is this a driver issue?

Also, what about Mac OS 9.2? Will I be able to use an 802.11b or 802.11g
PCMCIA card in both X and 9.2?
Anyone have a tested combo so I can start with a known good setup?

I swear I am reading GB's of web pages relating to this issue.  Still just a
bit confusing, but it is getting clearer, slowly.
Better to measure twice and cut once, I think, even if that involves asking
scores of questions.

Thanks to all who have helped me so far, and there's more to come...

Dan