Hello all,

I have been living in my wireless condo for almost two years now. . .the setup is a PowerMac G4, PowerBook (Pismo), iBook (snow), and a 17" PowerBook G4. The iBook is my roomates. All of these computers; with the exception of the PM G4, have an Airport (b) installed in them all running Panther 10.3.4. Each have a gig of RAM and are used almost 24/7. I have several clients/friends who come over from time to time and they've got their ibooks, powerbooks, and laptops (yea. . .PC's actually ARE in my life!) and they already have their computers configured to work with my Airport base station. In otherwords, someone could walk right onto my deck, whip out their portable computer and after turning it on they are connected automatically via broadband.

Now, here's the question. My source for the internet is going to change. I am currently with Charter Communications who provided my cable modem. I'm having issues with their customer service and am tired of them screwing up my bill every month. I have already given the go with Earthlink DSL. Supposedly, they have stated they can offer the same speed of 3Mbps down and 384kbps up for only $34.95 a month. Sounds good but "surfing" is believing right? What I need to know is what I will be needing to do to my router, if anything, to get this new DSL modem up and running. There's going to be changes to the hardware as well.

Right now the system is as follows: Cable modem (Charter), to Linksys Router. PowerMac G4 and the Airport Station are connected to router. The other computers are connected via Airport.

The new setup will not include the PowerMac G4, and have the DSL modem instead of Cable, along with the Airport station and the mentioned Power/i/laptops. Will I need to update firmware in my router? Or do I even need the router anymore? Can the DSL modem simply plug directly into the Base Station? Also, what type of setup is recommended to share my Epson printer in this network? Before, nobody needed to print, but now it's become second nature for printing. Just wondering folks. . .will figure it out eventually, but I figured I'd throw this question out to this list, since everyone in this list is like me. . brilliant Mac users who simply love computers! :)