Claire:

Reputable companies like Crucial do the matching for you.  Do not worry.  In
fact most memory vendors give money back or replace sticks, no question,
when problems occur.  Even when sticks were "ok" with OS 9 and later proved
to be inhospitable to OS X, vendors made things good for the Mac owners.
Most sticks have a life-time warranty.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,