I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time with Safari. I wish I were savvy enough to help you troubleshoot it.

It's ok for me. Initially I thought that it was Safari's fault that I was having problems with ebay, but it's happening with Mozilla too.

I still have IE and I guess I need to operate multiple browsers. I want Firefox, but I can't get it to install on my Mac. It went smoothly on the PC I use at work.

I think IE is steadily earning a bad rep in the PC world due to the many security issues. At work, I was hijacked and much worse is happening to enterprises out there. If eWeek is any measure, IE is being credited with re-igniting the "browser" war, with Firefox (Mozilla) being the up and coming alternative.

We should both probably consider installing Camino as our backup of choice for OS X. It's cool that we have so many to choose from!

Good luck!

Donald