Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Do IBM Travelstar drives (60 gb/5400 rpm) normally make a slight
>clattering noise, as if something metal is bouncing up and down on a
>shaft? I only makes the noise when shaken up and down, not side to
>side.
They all do that. Seriously. Common complaint, they rattle when shaken.
IBM has had to explain it innumerable times in many different forums. I
forget the technical explanation, but it's a harmless foible. That don't
mean the drive ain't toast tho . . .

>Also, if a drive is bad will a powerbook NOT boot into firewire target
>disk mode? This one won't and comes up with a empty folder icon on boot.

Dunno, sorry. Just gotta test. Remove drive and see if FW TDM works. Put
drive into something else and see if it works there. Put a different
drive into the 'Book and see if that works. Etc.

Have you got the AHT disk BTW? Useful thing for this sort of . . . errr,
thing.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700