In a message dated 8/10/2004 11:28:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Greg Gilmore <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> writes:

>Many thanks for the answers, Jan!
>OK. So, there appears to be no point in buying an Extreme base station,
>unless I wanted to invest in Extreme now in anticipation of future computer
>upgrades, right? Or not worth it?

>What about an 802.11g PCMCIA card for the TiBook? Possible?

As ffar as I can tell, the powerbooks still come with cardbus slots, so most wireless
cards will do the trick.  806.11g is the better and quicker of the two, of course, and
airport extreme card might be compatible as well for $79, and it would be installed
inside that computer.
But, since that's not what you want, 806.11g is the top of the line, but keep in mind
that 806.11i is supposed to come out later this year.
Brian