At 11:58 AM -0500 8/10/04, Alan C.Magnus wrote:
On Aug 10, 2004, at 11:41 am, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

That's pretty much it. But, why not considering AirPort Express? At $149, it seems like a good value when compare to a full base station, unless you need the router functionality that a full base station offers.

Q2: No you can not fit Airport Extreme Card to the TiBook 667 only the new
books have slot for this card (Alu books).

What about an 802.11g PCMCIA card for the TiBook? Possible?

Possible, but you would certainly need an OS X driver to drive the card and I don't know if anybody has written one already.

-Laurent.

MacWireless has an 11g PCMCIA card that works of the box with no additional software. I use one in a Lombard with 10.3.4

Do you or anyone else on the list have this card? Is the antenna section the same thickness as the card or is it thicker? I ask as I'm looking to get an 802.11g card for my Wallstreet to replace the 802.11b card I have and it needs to have the skinny antenna to fit under my USB card. The higher speed isn't really driving this change, rather the idea of using the Apple Airport driver. I'm currently using the source forge driver and it works okay at home but it's limited in several ways.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA