Eugene, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:37:56AM +0200, Mikael Byström wrote:
>:
>: macnifico, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>:
>: >Yesterday I installed the upgrade with no problems. I DIDN'T run
>: >permissions, the CD, etc.
>:
>: and your point is?
>
>I believe his point is that he installed the 10.3.5 update --- without
>doing the Repair Permissions, booting off the OS X CD and repair the
>volume, et.al. --- and encountered no problems running 10.3.5.

Yes, but who claimed that such problems occur in 100% of 10.3.5 upgrade
installations? If such problems only occurs in 10% it still is a problem.
So saying "I don't have [optional problem description]", is only
interesting for others in order to find out that the problem isn't
occuring 100%. As that have been established already long time ago
(years) and the idea haven't been brought up again in this discussion,
the report from Macnifico adds little value. Which I failed to see a point.

Here's some more non evidence only to make sure you see I'm not talking
from my spot only: I too, have not had any problems with any updates when
I hadn't repaired permissions first. Not under Panther. Under Jaguar,
this was a more common experience.
Actually, when I upgraded a Dual 2 G5 and installed several video apps, I
did check for permissions problems and didn't even have one error. That
was a first for me actually.