Laurent, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>What make you think that because it occurs in 10%, it is a problem? Or who
>said it was a problem? You?
>
>If it occurs in 9%, is it a problem? If not, then is 8% a problem? Where
>does that end?
>
>I don't agree with your statement that 10% is a problem.

Well, that was obviously an arbitrary figure, so you missed my point
which was that if a number of people, especially those with differing
additional hardware and software (implying commercial here), have a
specific problem, then the problem is real. At least for them. These
people deserve some insights and help and to not be ridiculed.

If more than a handful users within a user group, say Pro Audio users,
report similar problems at a focused website, I'd regard it a known
problem. I find the macfixit attitude quite sound and not exaggerated
(though I haven't used the site lately).
Obviously anyone can decide what level of noise and amount of reports
they want to see before acknowledging a problem, but IMHO problem reports
should both be respected and taken with a pinch of salt, if you can
understand that attitude.

Of course, sometimes solutions lose their validity with time in later
updates and are widely used as some kind of "Mac Voodoo", as the redo
prebinding solution for example. I wouldn't put repairing permissions in
that category though.